GliderRacing.com
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

MNS East 7/8/13 Options
Soarer151
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2013 1:07:55 PM

Groups: Member

If the server does not go up within the next 8 minutes, I'll host as similar of a task as I could on my server. Hopefully it will be scored.

Regards,
Daniel Sazhin
Soarer151
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2013 1:17:13 PM

10 minutes of jointime left

Bill Harrison
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2013 1:33:20 PM

I tried to get in over and over, got "refresh gui" and then "floating point division by zero" a dozen times or more. Same thing happened a couple weeks ago on USNS Slovak Republic scenery which I have problems with anyway. But I never have problems with New Zealand... until now.

Could there be some parameter out of range that is stopping me? Sometimes I get a "modified/corrupted landscape" error message when the landscape is OEM. Works on every other server just fine.

Does anything like this ever happen to anyone else? EP has tried to help me with the virtualsoaring.eu servers & scenery to no avail.

HELP!

BH
3P
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2013 2:47:56 PM

Bill Harrison wrote:
I tried to get in over and over, got "refresh gui" and then "floating point division by zero"

Delete LastTrack.ftr, start Condor... Mostly occurs when u trying smthg in offline and ghosts? or?

Erik EP | USNS Serverlist | Facebook | 24/7 Servers | Eryc P. Music :-)
Bill Harrison
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2013 4:39:00 PM

Yeah, I did that, Erik. I do it everyday. It doesn't have any effect that I can see. Thanks for trying to help.

Just to clarify... now MNSW won't let me in either... "modified landscape files detected" or something to that effect. I don't recall installing updated textures or anything else on Sierra Nevada. I was bummed out before, now I'm just pissed off. Evil or Very Mad

The only other thing I can think of is that Windows 7 has a compatibility program that detects older programs when being installed (landscapes, scenery's, etc) that were written for or using Windows XP or whatever and recommends to reinstall the program with compatibility adjustments it makes. When I click on details, it says it's modifying the color palette, using less colors or something. Windows 7 has more colors than XP did apparently. It does something similar with MS Flight Sim X. There's a pop-up screen that says it's changing the color scheme to a simpler one. Ironically, even though it "recommends" doing it, it also says you don't need to do it unless the program malfunctions or doesn't run right. Pfft.

I might try reinstalling the problem scenery's without the compatibility adjustment. If that doesn't work, I'm just going to delete Condor and do yet another fresh install. This will be number five or something. It's gonna be a pain with all the scenery files I have now, and, I have no idea what to do with all the /fpl's I have now, since the last time. Put them in a back up file I guess. I'm wondering if I should I use the Condor uninstall.exe program or do a real uninstall, delete everything down to the bone and start from scratch.
TX-ScubaSteve
Posted: Tuesday, July 9, 2013 3:28:02 AM

Groups: Contest Administration

Soarer151 wrote:
If the server does not go up within the next 8 minutes, I'll host as similar of a task as I could on my server. Hopefully it will be scored.

Regards,
Daniel Sazhin

Thanks very much Daniel for covering for me. I completely spaced last night! Sad

I apologize for not having MNS-East ready, but am very glad to see you saved the night. Daniel.

Fox9
Posted: Tuesday, July 9, 2013 10:08:49 PM

Groups: Contest Administration, Member

Results are published (thanks to Daniel, who sends me the csv file). Due to the problems this day is regarded as practice day. That means, the results are not counted for HQ5.

Fox9
Bill Harrison
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:25:59 PM

Fox9 wrote:
Due to the problems this day is regarded as practice day. That means, the results are not counted for HQ5.

Fox9

Shocked Very Happy Wink Cool