Location Dallas Texas USA
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 34
[0.53% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Summer Break
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 12:52:06 PM
I for one am looking forward to a return to tasks.

My only comment is that it is somewhat difficult to make all tasks on either coast while being in the middle. The east being easiest to make but sometimes a bit early for me and the west being generally to late with real world alarm clock going off at 5am Central time zone.

Perhaps the format like Condor Club with the ability to fly with others or in solo environment would improve participation though I would hope we could keep the multi player option since it makes it a lot more fun and realistic.

Thanks to all who make it possible and accept my .02 without anything but positive thoughts about however we can get this group up running and competing again.

John
Topic: May 2 task--not on server list
Posted: Thursday, May 2, 2019 3:12:43 PM
I don't find the server up on the condor site. Not the first time I can't find the task so miss flying. Anyone have an idea what's going on? thanks
Topic: Newbie
Posted: Thursday, May 2, 2019 11:51:45 AM
CG=congratulations
BB=bye bye
GN=goodnight
Topic: Update Condor 2.0.5 to 2.0.6
Posted: Friday, February 1, 2019 2:11:38 PM
Thank you Mark, I was unable to fly last night due to the version incompatibility
I look forward to returning now
Topic: Weird shutdown of Condor2
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 8:02:10 AM
I am having trouble with the files being too big too. Have asked for an explanation/instructions to fix but...crickets...
I haven't had the shutdown yet but surely it is coming.
Topic: MMN JAN 14 problem uploading files
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 4:40:12 PM
The site won't allow me to upload igc or ftr files with a mesage cant exceed 1mb
The files are compressed (zip) and the ftr compressed file is 1865kb while the igc compressed (zip) is 92 kb.
What is the problem?????

Very frustrating
Topic: Compressed file size to large to upload---Solution???
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 6:31:16 AM
Guy,

Thanks for the reassurance that I am not alone...

I do use the IGC conversion in Condor but it is the ftr flie that is not compressing adequately to be acceptable to the site. I've sent private message to admin and have no response either. I know that Wiktor is a busy guy but this does not encourage the community to grow...

As long as I'm complaining, MNS east is VERY slow at posting results. Again, this is done (I believe) voluntarily so the complaint is worthy of the pay received by the volunteer. It is just discouraging to participation.

Regards

John
Topic: Problem uploading compressed files---file size to big--how to resolve???
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:43:15 AM
1. When attempting to upload the ftr file I get the message that the file is too large. I have compressed the file and it uses the extension .zip
What can be done to resolve this issue?
2. Regarding the Dec 3 MNS flight for which this is the latest problem I did successfully submit an IGC file that was compressed using the zip format however, even though i completed the flight and landed at the home airport the mileage is less that the complet flight. What's up with that???
Thanks in advance for the answers to these perplexing questions.
John Duke
Topic: Compressed file size to large to upload---Solution???
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:40:48 AM
1. When attempting to upload the ftr file I get the message that the file is too large. I have compressed the file and it uses the extension .zip
What can be done to resolve this issue?
2. Regarding the Dec 3 MNS flight for which this is the latest problem I did successfully submit an IGC file that was compressed using the zip format however, even though i completed the flight and landed at the home airport the mileage is less that the complet flight. What's up with that???
Thanks in advance for the answers to these perplexing questions.
John Duke
Topic: Cant get on-- slot request time out detected
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 3:10:45 PM
Anyone know what this means and how to fix it?

Thanks,
John

Main Forum Rss Feed : RSS