Location Ottawa, Canada
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 147
[2.27% of all post / 0.05 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Condor 2.0.3 patch is out
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2018 2:44:59 PM
I just finished updating our server with 2.0.3. and Hangar1 when I was told that 2.0.4. came out while I was doing that...

Std Cirrus PDA fix is great!

Topic: Condor Version 2 asi font size
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2018 6:12:36 AM
Also a comment on the low position in this thread will help get it visible. http://www.condorsoaring.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=17940

I like flying the Std Cirrus - reminds me of my old Austria - but the PDA drives me nuts on x-c flights.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2018 6:09:45 AM
No problem - if you have not voted in the poll, it would help. Having everyone modify their instrument faces makes no sense when it can be done once by the developers.

Topic: V2 Thoughts
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 4:25:53 AM
Those are some pretty hefty downloads for folks with small monthly download capacity or limited download speeds; I don't have three of the listed sceneries yet, and have already max'd out a 120 GB SSD. With the added weather features - the prospect of x-c wave tasks for example, and having to choose ridge or wave for the best speed - I think that having a small basic list and adding a scenery or so a month would be wise.

There are reported problems with SouthEast UK2 so it waiting to use that seems wise.

I have a 525 GB SSD as my C:/ drive, but with the number of sceneries in C1, and now in C2, I'm rapidly approaching 200GB of sceneries - 68 in C1, 112 in C2, and I haven't downloaded all of them (a moving target as many older sceneries will be converted). Nephi is almost 57 GB by itself. Many will need a new computer for C2 - I did, now have an newer i5 and GTX 1060 - but my computer budget is blown, and moving things from the storage 1 TB HDD to SSD for a task is slow and risks corruption (as an exercise try moving Nephi from a hard disk to SSD and timing it). If I had a 240 GB SSD I'd be screwed (I came VERY close to doing that). I do see some people reporting that C2 works with older equipment - one person reports 50 fps with Dual Core E7500 2.93Ghz AMD Radeon HD7850 2G Windows 10 64bit with 4 GB RAM in Big Pyrenees2 which is encouraging.

I set tasks in C1 and C2 on a local server on Sunday nights, exclusively in a local (non-Condor Club) scenery, so I'm aware of the difficulties the task-setter has (thank you for your great work on the tasks in MNS by the way), aimed at bringing new Bronze Badge pilots into x-c soaring (lead and follow initially then light competition). I do screen shots of every page of the flight planner in both, cut into powerpoint, crop them there, and publish the lot as a PDF... as you say, it does get tedious. I'm also trying to learn DSHelper for C2 to automate scheduling - going manually in C2 right now, DSHelper for C1.

If a move to C2 is planned, I'd recommend giving a bunch of warning, and making it C1 ends, C2 begins - like ripping off a band-aid; then, having a limited list of sceneries initially - starting with the default scenery. There is a $/time/bandwidth limitation here for some, perhaps many. There can be a lot of variety with class and weather changes within a single scenery.

Dan
2D

Posted: Friday, April 6, 2018 3:05:44 AM
OK, I see that once it is posted, I can attach. Text file describing how to save your old instrument face, just in case, and the new replacement and where to put it. Name can't be altered or C2 won't see it. You can't have the old and new face in the same place, or one will be overwritten, or the name changed.

Only Std Cirrus currently done. Next, Diana2 with flap settings too. I'm still trying to find flap settings for Antares 18S.

Dan

Posted: Thursday, April 5, 2018 5:08:56 AM
I've created a poll at http://www.condorsoaring.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=18042 to ask your opinion of font size in Condor 2 ASI. If you feel strongly, please vote.

Dan

Topic: MNS Apr 2 ???
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 1:33:40 PM
3 Cdns game

Topic: 26 Mar MNS
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 12:52:43 PM
Got it working - 7zip put a second andalusia folder around it

Topic: 26 Mar MNS
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 11:57:13 AM
Tried to download Analusia for tonight. Took it from gliderracing.com. Used 7zip. Put it in normal place... Properties look right... won't load. See . What to do?

Topic: pay it forward...
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 9:40:26 AM
I just made my annual donation of 20USD to the site (see the "Donate" button on the front page). I see that Wiktor the admin has been donated $10US so far this year. If you enjoy MNS, USNS, etc., please think about supporting the site.

I have no financial interest in the site, but obviously I benefit (MNS, USNS, etc) if it keeps going.

Cheers

Dan
2D

Main Forum Rss Feed : RSS