GliderRacing.com
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Display Adapter Maybe? Options
robertcs49
Posted: Thursday, September 1, 2016 2:25:16 PM

Groups: Member

Well it happened again during last night's race in the Hahnweide SW Germany scenery; while in the NE portion of the course I experienced continuous yawing. I was able to continue flying and made it to TP2 and then when I reached the area where it started, it stopped. I had this happen flying in this scenery before, though then I was offline and I wrote it up then at http://gliderracing.com/forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=3269. This has happened in Provence and Perpignan sceneries also.

It so happens that Brian Camps(6Cool had the same problem but nobody else did, at least no one else made mention of it if they did. Brian told me that he was using a laptop computer which would have the display adapter integrated on the motherboard; as well my computer, a Dell, also has the display adapter on the motherboard, so I am wondering if our adapters are just not up to the task when in some of the particular areas of the various sceneries.

How many others out there have similar hardware and have or don't have similar problems?

I investigated installing a separate video card but apparently there is only one that could be used in this Dell and it is impossible to find, so I'm stuck, short of getting a computer that I can install a kick butt card in; and I am considering it so would be interested in suggestions.

UPDATE

I recently found a low profile Nvidia graphics card to fit in my small case Dell, a Geforce GT 730 with 2GB GDDR5 memory 64-bit. It has increased the frame rates I'm experiencing exponentially, it has made all the difference in the world. Where in the SW Germany with two reductions I was getting 190 to 210 and no jittering where as before it was un-flyable. I reinstalled the scenery and now get in the 150 to 170 range. In the AA scenery I get 210 to 230.

I think it is safe to say that the graphics adapter has everything to do with the video performance. I had no idea the Intel integrated adapter was so bad for this sort of thing.

Robert Seccombe (SE3)
Dan Daly
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 10:55:55 AM

Groups: Member

You can look at https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php to see relative performance. GT1030 is 2291, Intel integrated HD 4000 is 421.